To better serve you, we must be contacted within 12 hours of the order placement if edits or cancellations must be made. After that point, we have begun working on your order and will not be able to cancel or make adjustments. Thank you for understanding!1. Combining Multiple Orders: Domestic and International Shipments
- We understand why you would want to conserve on shipping costs, especially orders overseas - but unfortunately, we are unable to combine orders. Every order number must have its own unique tracking number, and we have found that tampering with this system results in confusion both with our customers and in our shop. Thank you for understanding as we navigate this challenge.
- We retire leathers NOT because we are tired of them, but because we know there are so many other amazing leathers out there to try. We may bring old favorites back occasionally for limited runs, and you will be notified of special events like this by keeping in touch on our Chic Sparrow Facebook page.
- I would love to say yes, but it’s hard to predict the future. We are always trying new things and looking for ways to improve our products. Dye plays a major roll in the texture of the leather and we are always wanting the most supple and most beautiful results so we will continue to look for dyes that provide the best end product.
- To put it simply, no. We have a limited amount of leather and we divide it up between Classic and Deluxe based on popularity. If it's online it means we have already cut it out and or sewn it up. We finish it out once it's ordered and ship it out.
4. Do you do custom orders or special requests?
- Due to the high demand on our time we no longer do custom orders, but let us know upon checkout if you prefer a certain texture of leather, a piece with character, etc. and we will do our best to send you what we have that is as close to your request as possible. We do not promise or guarantee your request will be granted, but we will do everything we can to make it happen. We do not move the closure or do a double closure. We cannot leave out a pen loop on a Deluxe notebook - see number 3.
5. 15 character inscription limit, do you really mean that?
- Yes. We have found that the best engraving on the leather is 15 characters per line and no more. When the stars were perfectly aligned in the past, we could sneak a few more characters in, but because too many notebooks had to be remade due to poor engraving, we must limit the characters to 15 per line. No exceptions.
6. How long after I place an order can I expect my order to ship?
- Most items are typically out the door within 5-7 business days but could take up to 10 business days. Keep in mind that orders placed during holidays and sales may take a couple extra business days. If you have a concern regarding ship time, please contact us. We will be able to give you a better estimate based on your specific location/order. Our handmade products have many steps, and we won’t sacrifice detail for time. We know you appreciate that!
7. International Shipments - Expected Wait
- When your order arrives in your country, there can be a waiting period while the tracking is switched from the US to the new mail system. This waiting period can be anywhere from a couple of days to a month or more, depending on what type of shipment you chose at checkout, and your locations specific import guidelines. For more information, please reach out to your local customs office.
- Sometimes our journals have unique characteristics that make them stand apart. We can’t put them on the shelf for just anyone. The journals we re-home in this sale are selected for a number of reasons. Some have a stitch out of place. Some have minor scratches or marks that were done post-production. Others are simply retired colors or styles. We do not send out journals with full names or personal quotes - we cover them with plaques or inspirational quotes. We do not send out unusable notebooks. All of these Second Chance journals are fully functional, beautiful, unique pieces of leather. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram so you can stay updated on when and how we will be finding homes for some of our misfit journals! Twitter: @thechicsparrow IG: @thechicsparrow Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chicsparrow/
9. Do you accept returns or exchanges?
- Yes, please read our Return Policy Page. NOTE: We cannot exchange paper inserts or vinyl dashboards. We also cannot accept returns on used items, sale purchases, or customized items. An example of customization includes inscriptions, ink markings (on the Odyssey notebooks), stitching added (on Classic models) or pen loops added (Classic models).
10. What happens if I receive a defective Product?