Mr. Darcy is beloved for its unique combination of stability, elegance, and sensitivity. A firm leather, you’ll feel it fold and flex nicely in your hands as it hugs your paper inserts with ease. This vegetable-tanned leather* is treated with natural oils and fats (a process called being “hot-stuffed”), then glazed to bring those oils to the surface. This creates a glossy finish that never hides the leather’s natural character. Darcy leather is designed to easily collect scuffs and scratches, which will mellow with age and daily use.
Style: polished, dapper, sharp, elegant
Texture & Character
- Glazed, flexible & lush, full grain leather
- Somewhat shiny finish
- Easily scuffs, dents, and wears its history with pride
- Color and texture may appear different between lots
Design & Features
- Four strands of elastic on all sizes for securing inserts except the Pocket Plus size which features 6 strands
- Dip-dyed and polished with stunning variation in color
- Center spine closure
- This leather is approximately 2.4 to 2.8 mm thick
- Mr. Darcy is made in the U.S.A.
*Vegetable-tanned leather is photo-sensitive which means the surface will darken when exposed to light. Over time, you can expect your journal to develop its own, unique patina
Shipping & Inventory
- Please allow 7-10 business days for shipment
- If the size you want isn't in stock you can submit your email address by clicking the bright yellow tab and you will be notified when the item is available again
Order notes are general requests and while we always read them and take them into consideration, we simply cannot guarantee specific leather variation. Thank you for understanding!