How to Use the "Order Notes" Section when Placing an Order
As you probably already know: Full Grain leather is full of beautiful variation! The nicks, scrapes, scars, and stripes are left intact to celebrate and honor the wonderful resource that leather is.
The following is an excerpt from the always-helpful Wikipedia.org:
- Full-grain leather refers to hides that have not been sanded, buffed, or snuffed (as opposed to top-grain or corrected leather) to remove imperfections (or natural marks) on the surface of the hide. The grain remains allowing the fiber strength and durability. The grain also has breathability, resulting in less moisture from prolonged contact. Rather than wearing out, it develops a patina during its expected useful lifetime. High quality leather furniture and footwear are often made from full-grain leather. Full-grain leathers are typically available in two finish types: aniline, semi-aniline.
If you have a special request or need a specific product question answered, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (509) 325-7206. We would love to have the opportunity to answer your important questions before you place your order so that you have the satisfaction of knowing exactly what to expect.
Please use the order notes for the following purposes:
- Leather Preference*
- Comments/thank yous
- Special Instructions**
We always read your special notes and consider them when choosing your piece! Thank you for sharing your preferences with us.
*We will do everything we can to match your leather requests as closely as possible based on what we have in stock. Order notes are not promised or guaranteed, because it all depends on what we have available here at the shop. If your leather request is very specific, we may have to cancel it. Full grain leather comes with many different natural variations, and we do not feel right taking your money for something you may not be pleased with.
- An example of a note for leather preference would be: "For my Odyssey Athena, I'd like lots of character. Ink, scars, and more: bring it on!"
- Another example of a note for leather preference would be: "For my Creme Brûlée, I would LOVE a piece of textured leather if possible"
- An example of a note for Special instructions would be: "Please make sure my phone number is on outside of package for apartment delivery".
**If you include special instructions in your order notes (i.e. "Please put phone number on outside of package", or "Please ship in box"), we will fulfill special requests when possible.
NOTE: If you would like your order shipped in a box, you MUST purchase a shipping form like PRIORITY or UPS. First Class Mail is usually shipped in a padded envelope.
Although we'd like to be able to, we cannot use the order notes in the following capacity:
- Product Questions We cannot use the order notes to answer product questions. If you have a question please reach out to us by phone or email us at support@chicsparrow so that we can effectively and efficiently help you with your inquiry
- Custom Requests (i.e. stitching/elastic customization, see our blog about "Elastic Options" In short, Chic Sparrow does not offer custom work. If we receive requests in order notes for customization we will contact you to see if you'd like us to go ahead with the order as-is or cancel.*
- Leather Requests that are contradictory to the nature of Full Grain leather. Because full grain leather comes naturally with imperfections, scars, and color variation, we are not able to fulfill requests for perfect leather. We feel the scars and the imperfections are actually what make each piece unique, and we celebrate the differences in each hide of leather at our shop.
*In Regards to Custom Requests: We really wish we had the capacity to still do custom work like we used to. The tricky part is, dedicating time to custom orders usually ends in sacrificing quality in other areas of our work. Custom orders take a lot of time and currently we just would not be able to keep up with the amount of requests we receive.
Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for your support!
- An example of a product question would be "Do the inserts in my order fit a Personal size journal?" We are very happy to answer all of your questions, and our Customer Care team will be Johnny-on-the-spot when helping you find the perfect inserts for your journal. If we do not carry the kind you need, we will gladly send you links to other shops who make them. Please contact our Customer Care with questions such as these so we can be sure to attend to your needs fully and efficiently.
- An example of a request that is custom would be: "Remove the pen loop from the Deluxe notebook, please". The Deluxe notebooks always come with stitched in pen loops as part of their structural designs, and the pen loop cannot be removed without ruining the leather.
- An example of a request that is contradictory to the nature of full grain leather would be: "Please make sure leather has no scars or imperfections." or "Please make sure the color is completely uniform."
Thank you very much for reading! I hope you found this information helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave a comment below or reach out to Customer Care in one of two ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (509) 325-7206