Restringing elastic on your Traveler's Notebook is easy and fun, and only takes about 5 minutes. Changing elastics is a very common practice in the Traveler's Notebook community, as there are so many ways to make your journal "your own" (besides, leather lasts longer than elastic, anyway!). Some like to purchase bright, cheery colors from their local craft stores if we do not offer the requested color.
If you are a Traveler's Notebook connoisseur, chances are you have already switched out elastic once or twice.
Chic Sparrow has 3 classic colors of elastic: Black, Brown, and White. Each leather has a color of elastic that is paired with it by the designer, Jennifer Harvey.
The elastic shown in the product photos online will be the color of elastic used in stringing your journal.
If your notebook is shown with a color of elastic you do not prefer, we have "replacement elastic" available in our Small Leather Goods category.
- You will be able to choose from white, brown, or black
- Each set includes enough elastic to re-string an entire book (A5 size)
- Restringing elastic is quite simple once you get the hang of it, and we have a video on our YouTube channel that walks you through the restringing process
Please be sure to check all of the product details, as some leather choices will come with black or white elastic depending on if stitching is added (i.e. English Rose Classic Pemberley is strung with black elastic unless white stitching is added, and then white elastic is used).
We get many requests for different colors of elastic through order notes, and we simply cannot keep up with the number of requests we receive. In order to keep a decent turn-around time for all of our customers, we have decided not to offer custom elastic options.
Thank you for understanding!
Things to remember:
- If you'd like a different color of elastic then is shown in the product photo, remember to add replacement elastic before completing your order.
- Special requests for elastic will not be granted
- Always feel free to call or email us if you have any questions. We can easily walk you through the restringing process, or we can send you a video demonstration.
Thank you for reading, and happy Sparrowing!