1. Combining Multiple Orders: Domestic and International Shipments
- We understand why you would want to conserve on shipping costs, especially orders over seas - but unfortunately, we are just unable to combine orders. Every order placed must have its own unique tracking number, and we have found that tampering with this system results in confusion both with our customers and in our shop. Thank you for understanding as we navigate this challenge.
2. Outlander Deluxe, why are they discontinued?
- The leather used to make the Outlander Deluxe is a beautiful leather, but does not like being told what to do. We found that the waste in production of this model was just too much to justify. We hope that you enjoy the classic version.
3. Discontinued colors, will they ever be back?
- I would love to say yes, but it’s hard to predict the future. We are always trying new things and looking for ways to improve our products. Dye plays a major roll in the texture of the leather and we are always wanting the most supple and most beautiful results so we will continue to look for dyes that provide the best end product.
3. Can I upgrade from a classic to a deluxe by requesting pockets be added?
4. Do you do custom orders or special requests?
- To put it simply, no. We have a limited amount of leather and we divide it up between Classic and Deluxe based on popularity. If it's online it means we have already cut it out and or sewn it up. We finish it out once it's ordered and ship it out.
5. 15 character inscription limit, do you really mean that?
- Due to the high demand on our time we no longer do custom orders, but let us know upon checkout if you prefer a certain texture of leather, a piece with character, etc. and we will do our best to send you what we have that is as close to your request as possible. We do not promise your request will be granted, but we will do everything we can to make it happen. We do not move the closure, or do a double closure.
6. How long after I place an order can I expect my order to ship?
- Yes, We have found that the best impression on the leather is 15 characters. When the stars were perfectly aligned in the past, we could sneak a few more characters in, but because too many notebooks had to be remade due to poor impression, we must limit the characters to 15 and only 15.
- Classic models with no added stitching /pen loop or inscription are typically out the door within 5 business days but could take up to 10 business days. Keep in mind that journals in bright colors are made to order, and the process of dying and finishing can take up to a week. Our handmade products have many steps, and we won’t sacrifice detail for time. We know you appreciate that!
7. International Shipments - Expected Wait and When to Contact Customs
If you are an International Customer, we highly recommend selecting Priority shipping at checkout.
The United States Postal Service (USPS) tracking number is replaced by a different tracking code once the package has been sorted and marked in your country’s sorting facility. Most of the time, the tracking number is transferred over without a hitch, but occasional mistakes do happen.
8. I heard something about orphaned journals. Can I buy one?
- If you feel the wait has been too long and suspect your package has been lost, we highly recommend you contact your local Customs office and inquire of your package. We are happy to contact our USPS to ensure the package left the United States, but are only able to track the order's location while it is still in the USPS tracking system. We have seen locals get faster results when inquiring of packages that have their name and address information on them.
- If you are unable to track your shipment past the states, the most common reason is because your order is being processed in a sorting facility and has not been marked yet. Please allow time for this process. Orders usually turn up in a matter of days after being sorted.
- The course of action should your package be lost: Chic Sparrow’s policy is to wait 90 days for the order to either arrive to you, or return back to us before proceeding to the next step.
Sometimes our journals have unique characteristics that make them stand apart. We can’t put them on the shelf for just anyone. It takes a special person to love some of our orphaned journals.Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram so you can stay updated on when and how we will be finding homes for some of our orphans! Twitter: @Jennifer_Harvey IG: @thechicsparrow Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chicsparrow/
9. Do you accept returns?
10. Do you accept exchanges?
- We do offer exchanges if your journal is defective. A defect would be general construction. Smell color texture and markings Brands on full grain leather are not defects but characters of high quality top grain leather. Some of the notebooks will have a number stamped on the inside, this is also not a defect and we do not exchange notebooks that have this stamp.
11. Applying discount codes after purchases have been made?
If you have a discount code and you forget to use it when you check out, you can usually use it again on your next purchase. If your code is expired, then sadly it’s too late to apply it. If you have any concerns about your coupon code please call us BEFORE you place your order as we can not apply discounts retroactively. Codes must be use at the time of purchase.
12. I'd love to review your products on my blog or social media accounts. Who do I contact?
- Our official policy is that we do not provide free or discounted products for review, and we do not sponsor content. If you read a review on a blog or other social media, you can be 100% sure you're hearing it from a real customer - just like you.
13. I can’t delete an item in my cart! What causes this and how do I get rid of it?
items that have gone out of stock since sitting in your cart can get stuck there. This is a problem with Browser Caching. If an item or extra charge is sitting in your cart and you cannot seem to delete it, this is what to do:
Clear browsing history before checkout.
14. Lost or Stolen Packages
Chic Sparrow highly recommends using insured carriers, as we cannot be held accountable for lost or stolen packages. All claims must be filed with the courier, or taken up with your local postal service authority.
Please direct any further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org